-----Original Message-----
From: Ron D'Eau Claire

I've not heard it.

What gets warm during a transmission is, of course, the RF module heat sink.
The RF module is supported by screws into the heat sink on both sides - one
side going into an aluminum "Z" bracket that runs down the center of the
KPA500 and the other side is secured to the right (looking at the front)
side panel behind the handle.

I'd start by checking all the external case screws (never pass up an
opportunity for an easy fix, Hi!), especially the screws that run across the
center of the top and bottom cover, and the screws behind the handle on the
side. The screws behind the handle thread directly into the RF module heat
sink. The other side of the RF module heat sink is secured to a "Z" bracket
that runs down the center of the KPA500 and is secured to the top and bottom
covers by the screws running down the center of each.

If you built your KPA500 from a kit, you may recall that there are more
screws inside the unit that secure the Z-bracket to the side of the RF
module. Those aren't as easy to get to but could be the source of your
noise.

73, Ron AC7AC