Gary,

That sounds like what I am hearing, thought it was a relay controlling
the fan, but as you said, it did not pop when the fan came on/off.

Joe  N9VX

Mine pops or clicks too.

In my case, it sounds like a relay switching.  I thought at first it was
something sensing the temperature and changing the fan speed, but the pop
doesn't (often) coincide with a change in fan speed, so I think that's a red
herring.

Another ZL told me his KPA does the same thing.

Our amps still work just fine though!

73
Gary  ZL2iFB