Same symptoms here ... what sounds like a relay click when warm, but
doesn't appear to correspond to fan speed change, although it often
seemed like there was one click a few seconds after starting to TX
(RTTY), and another click a few seconds after returning to RX.

The firmware is linked at: http://www.elecraft.com/KPA500/kpa500_software.htm

73,

    ~iain / N6ML