Any one successfully running  the K3 Memory Editor under Wine in Linux?

I  installed winetricks (http://wiki.winehq.org/winetricks) and the Memory
Editor program appears to function (Spreadsheet like user interface appears)
but the Memory Editor program then never picks up my symbolic links to the com
ports.   The error message reports that "The PortName cannot be empty" when I
attempt "Read from K3".  The drop down com port selector is blank even though
my ~/.wine/dosdevices has the suggested symbolic links:

lj@lian2:~./wine/dosdevices  ls -al com1
lrwxrwxrwx 1 lj lj 2011-12-10 10:35  com1 -> /dev/ttyS0

My attempts were made under Ubuntu Linux 10.04 and Wine 1.2.2.  Thanks for any
help.

Larry W0AY