* On 2011 10 Dec 12:20 -0600, Larry J on Ubuntu 10.04 Desktop wrote:
> lj@lian2:~./wine/dosdevices  ls -al com1
> lrwxrwxrwx 1 lj lj 2011-12-10 10:35  com1 -> /dev/ttyS0
>
> My attempts were made under Ubuntu Linux 10.04 and Wine 1.2.2.  Thanks for
> any help.

I've never had success with serial ports in Wine although it has been
some time since I tried.  Several months ago on another list someone
reported the later beta releases of Wine will work with built-in serial
ports such as yours, but not with USB to serial adapters that I use.

You may wish to give the later Wine 1.3 releases a try:

https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-wine/+archive/ppa

Unfortunately, I think the Wine developers main focus is on office apps
and games, not hardware access such as serial ports.

73, de Nate N0NB >>