I've seen what a difference in pitch can do. I used to be the "code guy" in our
ARRL VE group. Several applicants would flunk the Novice code test because they
said the ARRL standard pitch was not the same as what they used when they were
learning the code. Sounded like a lame excuse to me, but I'd tweak the tone and
they'd pass with no problem.

Don NA6Z K3 #5495