From: Ken <wa8...@gmail.com>
Sender: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 12:48:27
To: W5RDW<rwhitete...@verizon.net>
Cc: <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] More precise pitch options?

Perhaps the lesson should be that, when learning the code, you should use
different pitches and not become solely dependent on a single pitch.   Real
world operation typically has stations on slightly varying frequencies.   One
would make a horrible net control or traffic handler if everyone had to be at
one perfect frequency.

In the old days (LOL), we used surplus aircraft beacon filters for add on
selectivity.  They were fixed at 1030 Hz.  I hated the pitch of that thing, but
it did help sometimes.  My current rig (TS-440) uses 800 Hz which I find high.
(My new K3 is enroute.)

Ken WA8JXM