We use Deoxit here at work at Xerox where I am in the service area. When
using deoxit over the years it has been found to be excellent but after some
years after its application issues have arisen mostly due to over
application.  Some time ago, to solve this we switched from the 100%
solution to the 5% solution "d5l"   and found that it worked as well with
less issues over time because of the much lower residue and better
cleaning/flushing.   This is really great stuff.  its also great on Vintage
gear.