Hey Ron,

I don't know if I'd like a bug mode for an iambic paddle. MFJ has such a thing
built into at least some of their keyer models, and it feels weird to me.

That said, I absolutely love using a bug. I just got, about a month ago, an
Electro bug, circa 1930. Got it off eBay, and it's in beautiful shape and sends
very nice code. All the extra dits are all mine, but after several weeks of
use, I find fewer and fewer of those, and think I finally have the thing
adjusted to comfortable use that I can make sound pretty decent.

I also have a sideswiper, and yes, it really is harder than it sounds to get
good code out of it. I definitely send faster with a standard straight key than
with a sideswiper. No question. It's definitely a skill that will take some
time to master, at least it has been for me. Lots of fun with the bug, though.

Now maybe us oddballs can get a single lever paddle for the KX3? Eh? Heck, this
Electro bug weighs probably three KX3's! Not great for portable ops, and that's
a fact.
--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV - Erie, PA
Phone: (814) 860-3194 or 888-75-BUDDY