I own a JPS NIR 12.  As well as that operated when I first got it, I found
that it was inferior to the AF DSP in the K2.  The K3, with the entire IF
available to drive its functions, at the IF level, is superior to both the
K2 and particularly superior to my NIR 12.  The only thing that I can
imagine the JPS unit doing is adding to the inevitable artifacts of DSP
processing.

If you actually do find that the JPS adds something positive to the results
please let me know, I'd like to try and duplicate it. I've not found
anything useful for it to do in a long time.

73, Guy.