Hi Joe,

indeed, there are a lot of (but luckily not all) LNAs and PAs needing too
much switching time. That's why you will get into trouble with CW with a
sequencer behind the K3 even using the TX-INH feature. Therefor we designed
the CW buffer into our sequencer as well as a holdtime to avoid relay
chatter between CW characters. Then no problems with both problems anymore.
The pay-off is you can't use BK anymore, only Semi-BK. But your signal sure
sounds much better without truncated CW signs. ;-))

Basically a sequencer should always be installed before the TRX in the chain
(so mic/cw-key, then sequencer + LNA/PA, then transceiver). But the TX-INH
functions quite well with the K3 and some (most?) Yaesu radios so if LNA/PA
switching times are not too high using TX-INH is the more comfortable
solution as you still can use the TRX's built-in voice/cw-keyer which is not
possible with a sequencer up-front (that's why we designed those right into
the box, too, and of course 'cause not every transceiver has those built in
;-)).

So to repeat myself: it always depends! ;-))

73, Olli - DH8BQA

PS: Let me also say a big thanks especially to you to you and Don (W3FPR)
for your great replays to questions here on the list. A lot of stuff to
learn from you guys ... :-))