Olli,

Fine on all of that.  I did not think of using a CW buffer - in
instances where a sequencer is appropriate, QSK operation is not usually
a goal, so if the operator has to send 2 or 3 dits that will not be
heard on the air, I would think that is a reasonable compromise.  Of
course, each to his own - if a CW buffer is added to the sequencer
operation, how does the operator "keep up"?  Is all the CW delayed by
the sequencer time, and the sidetone sent to the operator in real time
with his input?  I would think that would really "boggle the mind" if
the operator were to listen to his transmitted CW signal on another
receiver.

Maybe I missed something in the exchange, but do remember that I usually
defer to the KISS principle - where the operator may have to make some
decisions based on the circumstances rather than trying to have
automated equipment make decisions for the operator.  Too many computer
applications try to tell me how to do things, but often their preferred
paths do not produce what I want - keeping to the KISS principle means
less automation, but it also means getting the results that I want.

73,
Don W3FPR