Guy and all,

You are so correct.  This is ham radio, and precision instrumentation
for power output levels is not the norm - a 20% error potential should
always be considered.
Yes, I personally have power instrumentation that is calibrated to the 5
% level up to 30 MHz.  That level of precision has come at a goodly cost
and effort.

In general, amateur quality power measurement gear should be given a +/-
20% range of error.  There are variations due to frequency, variations
due to changes in the dummy load actual impedance, and if one is using
an antenna, any common mode RF current can substantially influence the
readings on the meters.

In other words, what you see on your power meter may or may not reflect
reality.  If there is any doubt about your results, tell me what your
results are when driving a known good 50 ohm non-reactive dummy load
(measure it with your antenna analyzer), and if a problem is indicated
with that load, then you can conclude that you have a transceiver
problem.  If it is OK into that dummy load, but gives problems driving
your antenna, then you will have to solve the problem in your antenna field.

These are generalized statements and not directed at any particular
installation.  If you and your indications are suspect, then investigate
your particular situation carefully (it is possible that we can help).

73,
Don W3FPR