On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 10:14 PM, Wayne Burdick <n...@elecraft.com> wrote:

> Now I'm looking for my first DX split QSO with dual watch. What's the
> best DX spotting web site?
==========
Wayne, the gold standard spotting setup is the VE7CC program. Go to
his website and download his application. It is a cluster client that
eliminates the telnet connection, formats your outgoing commands
automatically, and parses and formats the spots. You can see 'em by
band, mode, sorted by time, call sign, etc. It displays CQ zone, name
of country, whether or not the DX uses LOTW, and lots of other stuff.

The split-operating DXpeditions of the moment are A35YZ, 3C0E, PJ7PT,
VP2MOM, ZD7XF, TG7/NC2N, and some others. Plenty of stuff to shoot at.

When I first got a K2 about 7 years ago I used it, together with a
wire out the window and into the backyard tree, to work DXCC, which
turned out not to be hard to do with that great radio. It's great that
the KX3 has dual watch because it's just essential to work split when
you have a pipsqueak signal.

Good DX!
Tony KT0NY

--