Thanks Tom, It had been working fine. Just after I unplugged the headphones after only my 2nd qso, the speaker didn't work. Still plugged in the board. I wiggled it, nada. Not much it could be so I've ordered a new headphone jack. Use to, I could jumper it and it would disconnect when I plugged in the head phones. Now when I jumper it and plug in the phones, it don't disconnect. Also, the headphone jack seems to wiggle around inside. The outside is stable.
Roland
K2#3090
----- Original Message ----- From: "Tom Hammond" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Roland & Elvie Whitsitt" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, July 29, 2005 11:58 AM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] speaker problem

Ronald:

1) NOT uncommon to mis-wire the polarity of the wire between the 2-pin jack (P5, I think) on the RF board and the ext. spkr jack! If mis-wired, the hot lead is shorted to ground instead.

2) there have been a couple reports of defective spkr jacks which don't re-make the audio line connection when the ext spkr plug's removed.

73,

Tom   N0SS