The switch in my headphone jack fell apart within a few months even though the jack body was still firmly in place. I do use a small right angle plug plus quite long light weight leads to an inline 1/4in jack, and seldom unplug the headphones. IMHO the jack is too close to the AF gain control, so my headphone jack is going to be moved to the back leaving, a hole in the front panel for a LED - blinking about something. I'll look for a better quality jack.
73,
Geoff
GM4ESD