Hello Joe,

I thought about going the Radio Shack electret element route myself.
The only reason I didn't is I wanted the ability to use the headset with
another radio besides the K3.  Like at FD other contest stations, etc.

But yours is a great suggestion.

Gary K9GS

Greater Milwaukee DX Association: http://www.gmdxa.org
Society of Midwest Contesters: http://www.w9smc.com