You raise a good point here.  Here is a true life story about visual
angle.  I worked at a company where they gave a bunch of clerical
types 21 inch monitors.  They hated them.  The application was 3270
emulation for reading character output from a mainframe.  Because
they were fairly close to their faces and wide the visual angle was
wide.  They had to move their head side to read the screens.

The point is, the bigger the monitor, the further away it should be
to see the whole thing.  A 10 inch monitor might actually be a pretty
effective size.  Bigger is not always better.  Elecraft owners know
that.

David  K0LUM