ai6ii wrote:
>Impressive as the P3 Large Screen version is to look at, I wonder what
>it is like to use. That is, with the P3 and mini screen, my eyes are
>viewing the screen and the controls in close proximity. I can watch my
>finger press the FN3 (set to center the MRK A), reach to the right
>slightly and turn the SELECT knob to the signal I wish to pounce on
>next, while still seeing the signals on the mini screen. Then a quick
>push of FN4 (programmed to QSY to save wear and tear on the Select
>knob), and I see see the K3 jump to the new frequency centered in the
>P3 screen. This operation is constant for me (except when using CW
>Skimmer to control the K3 frequency) and my eyes never leave my
>hands....or whatever the saying is.

I'd agree with that 'view' of the ergonomics. If we want the P3 and the
P3SVGA display to be hardworking tools, and not just eye candy, then all
the displays and controls - including those of the K3 - need to be
grouped together.

Positioning the P3 on top of the K3 has already proved the operating
efficiency of this 'eyes-front' display layout. The only downside has
been the P3's small display, so a P3SVGA is now on its way, and waiting
for it is a 15in 1024x768 monitor. This will be just the right size to
sit on top of the K3, to give the same display as the P3 but in greater
detail.

15in is now regarded as "too small" for office use, so there are
thousands of perfectly good 15in monitors lying around in store-rooms.

At present the 15in monitor is the #2 screen in an extended Windows
display, usually displaying second-level information from the logging
software. A VGA switch will allow it to continue in that role when
needed.

--

73 from Ian GM3SEK
http://www.ifwtech.co.uk/g3sek