Seems that implementing 1920 x 1080 at 58 Hz, instead of 60 Hz, is at
the root of the issue.

Seems that there are a great number of monitors that don't grok the 58
Hz stuff properly at that resolution.

Have you hit a limit in the chip set such that you can't implement 1920
x 1080 at 60 Hz?

That would be a shame.

73,

-- Dave, N8SBE