Hi Lee,

I replaced that SMT resistor with the supplied SMT resistor. Was pretty
easy. Cut the old one in half in place, then unsoldered the two pieces.

Then made sure the solder on both sides was good and cleaned most off.
Was not much there. then tacked the SMT replacement in place on one
side. Then was just touch the soldering iron on the other side to flow
the solder ( might have added a spot of fresh solder.) Then soldered the
other side and all was perfect. There is also plenty room to put in the
other resistor resistor with leads per the instructions.

I had a pair of fine tweezers with a rubber band to hold the SMT
resistor while I did the tack on one side. Seemed to work well. Not much
solder at all is needed.

73, tom n4zpt