It's not too bad - I would just recommend NOT simply clipping the existing
SMG resistor - but rather heating it up and using tweezers to pull it off.
If you clip with cold solder, you risk pulling up traces from the board.
You may not mean "clip" in this sense but I thought I'd mention it just in
case... Heat each side, back & forth, until things are toasty enough that
you can just pull the SMT resistor off with tweezers. If it's taking too
long, be wary of overheating, take a break and try again.

Andrew / NV1B