That is correct on it's face, however,
The Pactor III protocol allows the robot server to auto-adjust it's
bandwidth/speed.
It may start a session at 500Hz but if the bands in good shape with not
a lot of repeat requests it's widen out to 2.5KHz all by itself. If you
next to one running at 500Hz your more than likely going to get
clobbered when it shifts into overdrive. All without human control.

The SCS modem does have a busy channel detection capability. The Win
Link admins have told their people to shut it off as it disrupts throughput.

--
R. Kevin Stover
AC0H