Jerry,

I built one right after they came out and in one fell swoop, it made all my
monobanders much more easily portable. It has replaced my old workhorse,
Emtech's ZM-2 and has partially replaced the MFJ tuner I use on my 100-watt
rig (with power turned down to 25 watts or so). Easy band changes without
the "look at the meters while rotating the knob" routine.

Between home, field operation & Field Day 2005, I've used the T1 with all my
rigs and a borrowed K2 on various combinations of the following antennas:

ladder line-fed 40m dipole
80m G5RV
2 element 40m wire beam
30' wire + 1 radial
20m hamstick mobile whip (on 20 and 30m)

The T1 has tuned them all to a ratio of 1.4:1 or less, usually less. Soon
after building the tuner I would always go back and verify that the SWR
really was low. I did this buy disconnecting the rig and attaching a Bird
antenna analyzer.

A few months ago, QST had a review of 5 or 6 kilowatt tuners. The main gist
of the article was not whether or not the tuners would tune various antennas
on the HF bands for which they were designed, but with what efficiency the
mismatches could be transformed. This is my question on the T1 and every
tuner I use. For 5 watts out of the transmitter, how much of that goes to
the antenna when I use the T1 rather than the ZM-2, etc... That's what I
want to know, but darned if I know how to make such measurements.

John Harper AE5X
Portable QRP: http://www.ae5x.com