All tuners will eat up some percentage of your RF output power.
The ones with toroid or smaller inductors may eat up more power.
Just how much power depends on the reactance/impedance transformation
required and the
Quality of the components.
You can see that a test using a 50-ohm wattmeter on the input and
another on the output
Is not a true indication of the tuners capabilities- though that is
probably what
Some manufacturers to for their "tests".  The real test would be to
measure a wide
Number of resistive (and reactive) loads on a large number of
frequencies.

One good start might be to measure RF voltage VPP across the resistive
load after
The tuner has been adjusted. VPP on a good oscilloscope is more accurate
an RF
Power measurement than most wattmeters- especially for QRP.

Some correct if I am wrong but I believe the formula is Pwatts = 0.35355
x VPP scope reading
Then square the results, Then divide the results by the load resistance
50- or the value that you chose for testing the tuner.

Jay
W6CJ