One of the gang brought his K3 to Field Day last year, but I think he
was pretty much the sole op.
We operate in the four-transmitter class, so there isn't much need even
to change bands.
Although, we've had pretty much an exclusive K2 Field Day since they
were available.

I remember when I got my Ten-Tec Omni-VI+ ten or so years ago.
One of the club members asked - in all seriousness - if I was taking it
to Field Day.
I think my response was something along the lines of, "You've got to be
high!"  :-)
The response was a combination of concern that it would be difficult to
operate, that someone might mess it up, and taking a rig of a certain
size or value out in the elements.

Back in the late 60s, when I was a fairly new ham, I took my Drake
"4-Line" twins to Field Day to run the 40m SSB station.
Back then, the controls on a given receiver/transmitter didn't vary much
from manufacturer to manufacturer, and transmitters tuned up the same way.

73 de Jim - AD6CW