Ray,

That sounds like you have a problem with the 20/17 meter Low Pass filter
in the KPA100.
Relays K7 or K8,  soldering of L7 or L8, or C4 A, B, C, D or E capacitors.
Yes, poorly soldered connections can take several years to develop
enough oxidation to create a loss of connection.

To check which of the involved components is the culprit, the easy thing
to do is to simply re-flow the soldering using a hot (800 degF)
soldering iron.
If that does not cure the problem, then you would want to check the
relays for continuity.  Power only the base K2, set to 20 or 17 meters
and see if you have continuity between TP2 and the center conductor of
the SO-239 jack.
If no continuity, check continuity across relays K7 and K8 to see if one
of those is the problem.  By powering only the base K2, you can select
the band and probe the underside of the KPA100 board.  The KPA100 relays
are not latching types, so you need to have the base K2 powered on.

73,
Don W3FPR