Hi Frank,

Does the K3 show any indication of getting the audio signal from your
computer line out ( or speaker out) cable?  You can put the K3 into TEST
mode and not transmit while you are checking levels. Also you need to
adjust the line in gain of the K3 to show the 4-5 bars on the ALC meter
then set the power control for what ever power you want, like 25 watts.
See the instructions in the manual on how to set this up. It is
different than how to use other radios. I also presume you have selected
line in on the K3 audio source menu.

If you have a working serial cable then you can tell DigiPAN which port
to use and to use RTS or DTR. Then make sure in the K3 you have turned
on PTT for one or both of those two signals. You can test this with the
K3 in TEST mode as well.

I use fldigi and flrig using a serial cable and using PTT via CAT  to
work PSK31. Far more capable program than DigiPAN and pretty easy to
use. Free also. DigiPAN is a really old program though the MixW web site
says a new version is being worked on.

73, tom n4zpt