Frank,

Yes, use the same cable that you use for K3 Utility - note which port is
being used.
Tell DigiPan to use either DTR or RTS to key the K3 and tell it which
port to use, then go into the K3 menu for CONFIG PTT -- KEY and set the
PTT to either DTR or RTS (the same as you told DigiPan to use).

The only downside to using DTR or RTS is that when the computer is
started, those lines will be tested and will become active for a short
period - the "cure" is to boot the computer and then turn on the K3.

73,
Don W3FPR