Below...

On Sat, 19 May 2012 10:06:46 -0700 (PDT), Dave Agsten <w4...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>The LDG AT-1000ProII is on a "Dayton" sale at Gigaparts for $459 with free
>shipping through Monday, the 21st. (Must be ordered on-line) I just posted
>this since there were $539 prices being mentioned on the reflector.
>
>The KAT500 at $699 is quite a bit higher. Also, shipping to the East Cost via
>Priority Mail adds another $27 to the total. ( A difference of $267 for me -
>That's a considerable difference for me)

You might consider the size of the KAT500 before you consider another Auto
tuner.  The KAT500 has the same footprint as the K3 and KPA500 and the height is
less that 2 inches tall which will allow it to sit on top of either one.  I will
handle 10:1 SWR at 500 - 600 watts and 1200 to 1500 watts at 3:1 SWR.  It has
THREE antenna outputs that are selected on the front panel.

>I have not seen the official specifications for the KAT500 so it's difficult
>to compare. are any specs available somewhere? The 6 meter power handling spec
>was mentioned but I can't understand exactly why you would even use a tuner on
>a 6 meter beam if it were properly adjusted. Does the KAT500 have an antenna
>switch with separate memories for each?

There are some specs at  http://www.elecraft.com/news.htm

Amateur Radio Operator N5GE
ARRL Lifetime Member