Robert,

The USB cable to ACC1 will indeed provide you with CAT control of the KX3.

I do not understand "IMAC stereo line in" - I only discuss in acronyms
that are defined in the KX3 manual, and "IMAC" is not one of them.

Yes, you will have to build your own cables.  There may be KX3 specific
cables offered further down the road, but that is not today's situation.
  A cable from the interface audio output to the KX3 microphone input
and a cable from the KX3 headphone output to the interface Audio input
should be all that is required.  If you have a cable from the computer
usb or serial port, that cable can provide keying of the KX3, but
without that cable, VOX is a viable solution, so use it unless you have
other considerations.

73,
Don W3FPR