Nope is my answer. I got several of those iPhone and video cables from
different vendors and they are all whacky. so I am guessing that all the
video/audio cables with the TRRS connector are wired the same way. Could
not find a single cable with sleeve as ground for the three cables that
connect to tip and the two rings.

I have yet to find what I think is a "nice" right angle 3.5 mm TRRS
plug. did get several with a clip on plastic cover that will not stay
straight. Also on my SignaLink I put in a small DPDT switch that I used
to turn on or off the PTT ( and for switching between 1200 and 9600 bps
packet lines) so just put that in the PTT circuit and turned it off. On
my simply interface I just did not connect the two PTT lines and use the
USB to KX3 cable to control the KX3 via CAT.

73, tom n4zpt