Don,

Great advice, but you are missing out on a lot of the fun from the early
adopters.  You may not want to join in on the array of those who buy
early, but take heart that Elecraft does provide fixes for the problems
that are identified by the "early adopters", so do not be afraid to join
in with the "latest and greatest".

73,
Don W3FPR