*David,

Seems like it is a common issue with dealers.

Dealers in VK seem to spend an inordinate amount of time rubbishing each
other and very little with regard to customer service.

In fact, none of the 'authorised' resellers have repair facilities
in-house. You get told to send it to the manufacturer and for this they
charge you a premium to buy the gear.

I will not deal with any of the VK resellers now, been there, done that. I
was a dealer myself, won't do that again either.

Do Ten Tec still deal direct even if they have a dealer in the area/country?

I think the option to deal direct must remain without any detrimental
effect on the customer. It should remain 'our' choice, if the reseller
wants to be one, then that is their decision but they should be aware that
customers have the right to deal direct.

I would like to see a "Parts" person in VK. My thought is to have a
"Repository" in country and if instructed by Support, parts are sent to to
the customer from inside the country. This would speed up delivery of parts
after the issue is identified. No need for a reseller which will only add
to the cost of equipment with very little if any advantage gained.

73's
Gary
*
On 29 May 2012 21:42, David Pratt <da...@g4dmp.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:

> Hear, hear.  Dealings and service from Waters and Stanton leave a lot to
> be desired :-(
>
> 73 de David G4DMP
>
> In a recent message, Geoffrey Downs <geoffre...@madasafish.com> writes
> >It's not necessarily excellent news for the UK. I for one would prefer to
> >continue dealing with Elecraft rather than a general amateur radio
> reseller
> >who is unlikely to be able to provide the high standard of technical and
> >customer service that Elecraft provide. I am worried by that word
> >"exclusive" in the Waters and Stanton announcement. I sincerely hope that
> it
> >will not preclude UK customers who choose to do so from dealing direct
> with
> >Elecraft like we have always done.
> --
>  | David M Pratt, Kippax, Leeds.   |