I'd like to see a K3 FW feature change.  I'll back off if anyone
believes it's a bad idea.

CURRENT:  Turning on the KPA500 scrolls a message in VFO B that I've
just turned the KPA500 on.  Actually, I knew that and didn't need the
message.  Mine is set to come up in STBY [also when I change bands].
When I go to OPER, another message scrolls in VFO B telling me that I
just did that.  I also knew that and didn't need the message.

CHANGE:  Replace both messages with one that tells me what the K3 power
will be when I next tap the paddle [or talk].  I've got the two power
levels for each band set, and most of the time it works.  Occasionally,
after adjusting the high power antenna tuner with just the K3 in TUNE
[5W], going to OPER leaves the power at 5W.  Once, it went to 100W which
faults off the KPA500 instantly, of course.  Occasionally, the K3 stays
at low power when I go to STBY.

73,

Fred K6DGW
- Northern California Contest Club
- CU in the 2012 Cal QSO Party  6-7 Oct 2012
- www.cqp.org