"The most prevalent "anomaly" is staying at 5W after using the K3 TUNE
function.  It's immediately apparent because I only get about 50W out of
the KPA500 when I put it in OPER, and when I adjust the PWR setting, it
is at 5W.  It doesn't happen all the time.  The second most prevalent is
when I put the KPA500 in STBY and then find that the K3 power is still
at 26W.  Putting the KPA500 in OPER and having the K3 power stay at 100W
has only happened once.:"

I've never seen any of these problems - at least not since my early field
testing.  I use the TUNE feature of the K3 all the time as I have a remote
autotuner (MFJ-998RT).  Then I put the KPA on line.  The K3 power always
adjusts correctly depending on the KPA500 status.  I think someone else
suggested a flaky AUXBUS connection.  That might be something to look at.

Phil - AD5X