*Fred,

Essentially I agree but it might be better if the K3 FW was switchable for
those who wish to have the confirmation message?

With regards to the anomalies you mention, I thought I was seeing things
but you just confirmed that it really does happen.

Put me on the 'Agree' list but with the switchable option included.

73's
Gary
*
On 1 June 2012 05:22, FredJensen <k6...@foothill.net> wrote:

> I'd like to see a K3 FW feature change.  I'll back off if anyone
> believes it's a bad idea.
>
> CURRENT:  Turning on the KPA500 scrolls a message in VFO B that I've
> just turned the KPA500 on.  Actually, I knew that and didn't need the
> message.  Mine is set to come up in STBY [also when I change bands].
> When I go to OPER, another message scrolls in VFO B telling me that I
> just did that.  I also knew that and didn't need the message.
>
> CHANGE:  Replace both messages with one that tells me what the K3 power
> will be when I next tap the paddle [or talk].  I've got the two power
> levels for each band set, and most of the time it works.  Occasionally,
> after adjusting the high power antenna tuner with just the K3 in TUNE
> [5W], going to OPER leaves the power at 5W.  Once, it went to 100W which
> faults off the KPA500 instantly, of course.  Occasionally, the K3 stays
> at low power when I go to STBY.
>
> 73,
>
> Fred K6DGW
> - Northern California Contest Club
> - CU in the 2012 Cal QSO Party  6-7 Oct 2012
> - www.cqp.org

Gary
VK4FD - Motorhome Mobile
Elecraft Equipment