I did the first one at my bench, and while I had a solder sucker available to
me, I didn't use it.  I simply used some de-soldering braid.  First I
removed the old F2 part, then completely filled the holes with new solder
and finally used the solder-wick to remove all the solder.  Works like a
champ.  Did this for the inductor as well.  The SMD part is a little
trickier, and  I'm no spring chicken either.  The first thing you need is a
really good magnifier, I prefer the goofy looking visor style.  To remove
the old diode, I simply heat up one side with the iron and flick it up so it
is only held by the other pad, then remove it completely.
I next use the solder-wick to completely clean the pads and then apply a
very, very small amount of solder to one of the pads. Holding the new part
with tweezers I place it on the pads and tap the soldering iron to the pad
that has a little solder, then solder the other side and come back and clean
up the first side.  The trick is to use a very small amount of solder.  If
there is a blob on either end, you've used too much and can use some
solder-wick to clean it up.

Ron did a great job on the instructions.  As he suggests, just take your
time.  If a software engineer can do one, anyone can.

-Paul