* On 2012 25 Jun 14:43 -0500, Fred Townsend wrote:

> Conclusion: A little acoustical noise from the generator is a good thing.

Heh!  I was actually proposing the idea of an EU2000 or another quiet
generator before next year's outing.  Our current model is plenty loud
and we've used batteries the past couple of years to preserve the peace
in the park we operate FD from.  Just how quiet is it?

This year we did run the batteries down to where my K3 powered off and a
third battery had to be pressed into service.

Perhaps an LED lamp as an indicator that draws little current would
provide an alert to the generator shutting down?

73, de Nate >>