Ron wrote:

My *only* complaint about the KX1 paddles is the same complaint I have
about
> every Elecraft rig - there's no keyer mode that lets me make my own
> dashes.
> I would greatly enjoy a keyer mode that spits out dits automatically
> with
> one paddle and then allows me to make dashes with the other paddle
> manually.
> Right now, if I want to go portable with any of the rigs I must either
> haul
> a straight key with me (bugs don't travel well) or live with the
> keyer.

Ron, the Begali CW Machine (size is about "one-half KX1") has a complete
configuration menu which includes "Bug" emulation.  Combined with one of
Piero's lesser known (and less expensive) products, the HST, the result
is a single key-paddle-keyer which gives its owner a superb single lever
non-iambic paddle, a great electonic 'bug', an upscale sideswiper, and -
if you simply lay it on it's left side - a very pleasant-to-use straight
key.  All in one.  The HST weighs a ton and has robust construction.
Travels well too as there's not a lot exposed to damage.  Magnetic
return on the current production model.  Handles very close spacing for
those so inclined.

73, Stan WB2LQF
www.wb2lqf.com