Ron AC7AC wrote :

>My *only* complaint about the KX1 paddles is the same complaint I have about
>every Elecraft rig - there's no keyer mode that lets me make my own dashes.
>I would greatly enjoy a keyer mode that spits out dits automatically with
>one paddle and then allows me to make dashes with the other paddle manually.
>Right now, if I want to go portable with any of the rigs I must either haul
>a straight key with me (bugs don't travel well) or live with the keyer.

Ron :

It sounds like what you need is a Palm Paddle and the integrated Code Cube
Keyer.
The Code Cube is a custom version of the Jackson Harbour PK4 keyer and it does
have
a "Bug" mode. The combination of the two would give you a very compact "eBug"
that
should solve your problem.

http://www.mtechnologies.com/palm/cc.htm

The code cube manual is here :

http://www.mtechnologies.com/palm/cc-83p_e.pdf

If you check out Menu #4 you'll see that there is a "Bug Mode".
I have one and I have tried Bug mode and it works fine.

Michael VE3WMB