I think it is probably interesting how people discover Elecraft.  I have
recommended Elecraft products to a few friends and almost in every
case the friend did not know about Elecraft.  Of course, these guys
were older and maybe that had something to do with it.  When I say
older, I obviously mean older then me -- still young at 64 3/4s.

I discovered Elecraft via my Norcal 40A kit.  I discovered the Norcal
40A via the book "The Electronics of Radio" by Rutledge.  I read the
book and built the 40A and then decided that the designer of this
radio was very talented.  So, I started googling Wayne to find more
information about him and from that came across the Elecraft web site.
That was in the Fall of 2009.  Now I own a complete K-line with the
KAT500 on order plus a KX1 and a variety of other Elecraft mini-kit
products.

73, phil, K7PEH