Well everything looks back on track now.

I'm at 114.206.48. I tuned it in using WWV on 10mHz, then went to 15mHz and
it was OK there. Then I went to 6 meters. If you look at my numbers above
this is the band that had the largest error.

I keyed up at 50.100 CW on the FT-857D then tuned it in with the KX3. It was
off a bit so I centered the KX3's VFO at 50.100 and went back to the
calibration to zero-beat it.

After that I went back to WWV at 15 and 10mHz, all OK.

Then I went to 80 meters - 3.500 CW. The  KX3 shows 3.500.08 at zero beat. I
think that's close enough for now.

I still can't figure out why I couldn't find the FT-857D's signal before. It
was fine last night when I recorded all the band errors and also when I
calibrated it on 40. Then when I went to 30 I lost it.

In any event, it all seems OK now. Thanks everyone. I'll check it again when
I get home, but I don't know that I'll get it any closer. If anything
changes I'll report back.

Steve, KC8QVO