On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 8:38 AM, PE3V <ericvanderve...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I am trying to setup a serial connection between an Elecraft K3, CWSkimmer
> and
> N1MM using com0com/hub4com.
>
> I don't get it working. Anyone on this forum who got this working properly?
>
> Thanks Eric PE3V (ex PA3FKN)
>
> PS I tried LP Bridge and that's working fine, but com0com looks a little bit
> more ligthweigth .... (and if I can get it working I also have the
> possibility
> to run the serial ports over ethernet)

I'm not sure it's really any "lighter" than LP-Bridge... it's just
different. You'd have to create two com0com pairs (one for N1MM Logger
and one for CW Skimmer), then configure hub4com to connect the other
ends of those two pairs, and the "real" K3 COM port together. I played
with hub4com a bit some time ago, but don't recall if I ever tried
this combination. How far did you get with it?

BTW, the big difference between this and LP-Bridge is that there's a
possibility for multiple applications to issue commands to the K3 at
the same time, with unexpected results. LP-Bridge has lots of "special
intelligence" to handle this, where hub4com has no idea about the
meaning of messages it's passing back and forth....

73,

    ~iain / N6ML