I believe 6474 kHz probably falls within the definition of the 40 meter
band on the K3.  (I'm not home now so I can't check.)  So when you jump
back to 7050 the P3 does not use the per-band start/stop frequencies
stored in EEPROM (since you haven't changed bands) but instead uses the
algorithm for changing frequencies within a band.  The algorithm prefers
"even" start frequencies, meaning frequencies divisible by 100 kHz, 50
kHz, etc.  I probably should tweak the algorithm so that if the band edge
ends up too close to the K3 VFO frequency it moves down a bit to center
the VFO better.

Alan