On 8/28/2012 10:36 PM, Bill Tubbs wrote:

> The last time I visited the FCC (in San Francisco) just before the
> VEC program started, it was a nightmare. I drove a hundred miles,
> parked my car at a BART (rapid transit) station, and took the RT to
> downtown SF, and had an unexpected 30 minute delay.  I walked the
> four blocks to the FCC office and got to the testing office door just
> as the clock hit the start time of 10:00 am. As I started to enter,
> the door was pulled shut from inside and locked. And I was denied
> entrance to the exam. I was literally almost across the threshold of
> the door. You can't imagine how PO'd I was.

  I was the supervisor at the San Francisco FCC Office during
  that time and with all due respect for your memory of what
  happened nearly 30 years ago at no time did we do anything like
  that. We never locked any doors at 10am, in the face of any
  applicant or otherwise. The doors to the exam room were always
  open, and the only time that the doors to a separate code test
  room were closed was to ensure some degree of privacy and
  quietness for the folks who were taking the code test.   Quite
  often we would run a "second session" for folks who didn't make
  the session on time or when we had more applicants than we had
  seats for.

  What triggered your bringing this up now?

--  73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane
    Elecraft K2/100   s/n 5402

    Retired and loving every minute of it
    Work was getting in the way of my hobbies