Tony, brilliant advice! I also cant understand why anyone would waste money
on an interface for use with a K3 when one is not needed, and I have done
every data mode out there incl JT-65 with the K3 direct to PC.

A ext good quality usb soundcard is handy, but that's about it.

A German ham emailed me with a similar problem and I told him the same thing
and he was astounded at
the fact the K3 does not need an interface, Everything you need is built in,
and now he is a very happy camper.

Take the mickey-ham-ears out and try direct OM.

Adrian ... vk4tux

Tom, make sure your PC is generating audio out. Unplug the audio cable from
the PC's line out and try to transmit. You should hear the audio tones
coming out the speaker.

If your K3 is set correctly and the PC is making audio, then the problem is
that it is getting lost in whatever is between them. Whenever anyone posts
a problem like yours, I always recommend the same thing: first, get it
working with no interface. The K3 does not require a Microham or a
Rigblaster or a Signalink or anything else to do digital modes. Take it
out, hook the K3 to the PC with audio cables and key the K3 via CAT, and
get your digital modes working that way. Then if you wish to re-insert an
interface into your setup, you will more easily pinpoint problems if they
arise.

Tony KT0NY