On 9/10/2012 2:46 PM, cx...@4email.net wrote:
> What else do you recommend that I look for?

Look at the Windows PLAYBACK Mixer and see if the stereo Pan pot is
shifted to one side.  When I use N1MM to run SO2R for a SSB or RTTY
contest, it moves the Pan pot to one side or the other to send my voice
messages to left or right radio. But it doesn't turn it back to the
center when it stops.  This will happen every time you're using N1MM. I
suspect other contest loggers do the same.  Also, either Windoze, or
other Windoze programs may be manipulating the Playback Mixer.

Playback Mixer LEVELS may also be the problem.  JT65-HF, and other
digital software, uses the WAV input to the mixer, so look at its level,
and also at the MASTER level control. Neither should be all the way up
or all the way down, both should be something like 2/3 up.

The thing I'm puzzling about is that you say you're using VOX and it's
going into transmit, which means you're getting audio into the radio.
OR -- are you using BOTH VOX and PTT?  Try VOX ONLY, and see if the
radio transmits.  If it does, it's getting audio.

Another idea -- for a test, plug headphones into the computer headphone
jack and see if you hear the JT65 tones when the software is sending.

73, Jim K9YC