Bill,

Your answer will be couched in your operating habits as well as your
wants and needs.
If you are working DX or contesting and need a top notch transceiver, go
for the K3.  The K2 is nothing to sneeze at, but the K3 has AM mode, FM
mode, and for those interested includes ESSB - you only need to purchase
the appropriate filters for those modes. If you like to do a bit if
SWLing, the KBPF3 will allow you to tune the K3 like a general coverage
receiver - the K2 is limited to the ham bands.

The K3 adds the possibility of the KRX3 which gives you 2 identical
receivers in the same box.  The K2 offers no parallel, but the KX3 Dual
Watch emulates the same thing, but over a limited frequency range.

Yes, sell off your other transceivers - they cannot beat the K2, K3 or
the KX3 for performance.  If you want to sell the K2 to get the K3, that
is a good choice, but if the K2 meets all your operating needs except
for the 100 watt option, just order the KPA100 (and maybe the KAT100).

Do I sound biased?  Yes, I certainly am.  I was an original Field Tester
for the K2 and have been "All Elecraft" (except for my FT-847) since
then.  I also do part-time repair work for them, and they treat me quite
well - besides, I really do think they have some of the very best in ham
radio gear out there today, whether it be the legacy K1, K2 or KX1, or
whether it be the latest K3 and KX3.

73,
Don W3FPR
.