Hi Gary,

The point is not to widen the SSB but to use the FM crystal filter to limit
it. The DSP does the actual shaping of the TX signal which will still be
the same width regardless of whether you're using the 6kHz filter or the
12.5kHz FM one.

The idea is to be able to use the FM filter for AM and ESSB as well instead
of filling up two precious filter slots, when what you may want/need are
closer filters on the low end (say, 400 and 200 Hz).

73, Thomas M0TRN